Congratulations Sadia Covert DuPage County Board Strategic Planning and Complete Count Chair!
Sadia’s work as a County Board Member (in her own words):
1) Chair of Strategic Planning: I monitor all the other county departments to see if they adhere to the county’s imperatives and goals. I passed the Diversity and inclusion imperative my first 6 months in office. It passed unanimously.
Since then, I have been doing a race relations series to explore and learn about diverse communities within our county.
2) Chair of Complete Count Committee: focused on hard to count populations. Achieved a higher response rate than the state. I passed the resolution to create this committee and it passed 17:1.
3) Vice Chair of Legislative: supported the Modesty bill in Springfield along with Animal rights
5) Judicial Police Safety- working on diversity initiatives with police
7) Ad Hoc Collective Bargaining- involved with unions and negotiations.
8) Economic Development- working on MBE and DBE programs for minorities through the county. Work with Choose DuPage.
10) Participated in the NACO conferences in Washington DC and Las Vegas
I had also initiated the passing of a resolution for having closed captioning for the hearing impaired to ensure the county’s compliance with ADA laws.
I fought for legalization for recreational cannabis, and fought against the reduction of county board size which were two major issues during my first 2 years.
Along with serving on 9 committees, I helped many constituents in my district with their day to day needs and also was invited to speak at various different events about my work on the county. I have been featured in the Daily Herald, Chicago Tribune, and have been in a Census Commercial on Cable Television on various channels.